Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fairwell To An Old Friend

A dear friend from my high school years passed away earlier this week.  He was the first boy I ever dated.  We met in high school and have remained friends ever since.  Although we hadn't been in close contact in the last few years, his passing has affected me profoundly.  We have mutual friends and I know his family really well.  I feel their pain and wish I could somehow comfort them.

I've found solace in the fact that he is no longer suffering, but I am sad for those he left behind.  With a heavy heart, I offer them my condolences and hope they come to find comfort in the memories they created over the years.

 
Fly, fly precious one
Your endless journey has begun
Take your gentle happiness
Far too beautiful for this
Cross over to the other shore
There is peace forevermore
But hold this memory bittersweet
Until we meet.

Fly, fly little wing
Fly where only angels sing
Fly away, the time is right
Go now, find the light.
(from Fly, Céline Dion)



'Til we meet again Mike...




Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. May time, and memories bring you all peace. A lovely tribute to your friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I apologize in advance if time escapes me and I don't reply to each comment, but I read each and every one and they really make my day!