Friday, October 14, 2011

'Paper Doll' Birdies

Well, my 'paper doll' bird collection is almost complete (I first mentioned the collection a few weeks ago in this blog post).  I still plan on making the designs in jewelry charm sizes as well, but for now, here's what I've got:
Browse the 5 x 7 collection


View the ATC set

The process of piecing together all the elements took quite some time, but I did it in stages:  It started with collecting ephemera and images for the body and background.  Coloring and texture choices came next.  Then, I created the cutout shapes for the crowns, hats and body.  Photoshop has awesome tools that allow you to cut images to whatever shape you want.  I then used a vintage canary and scalloped shapes to create the skirt, tail and wings (which are just an inverted tulip cutout),   The same scallops were used on the ATC set to create the borders.  For the 5x7's, the wording was inspired by the images I had used on the bird dresses.  I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave your comments :-)

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I apologize in advance if time escapes me and I don't reply to each comment, but I read each and every one and they really make my day!