Thursday, November 10, 2011

Amazing Maisey

I want to share a few photos of my beautiful cat Maisey, who died on Monday after living  a full and happy life with our family.  She was born in our closet many years ago and has captured our hearts forever. 




My daughter chose Maisey's name all those years ago, and this is what she said:  "Her name is Maisey because she's amazing."

Maisey had favourites places to nap.  In the summer, she spent a lot of time sunning on the old Muskoka chairs outside.  During the colder months she sought out the sun spots around the house. 

She loved yogurt.  If I was eating some, she'd wait patiently until I got to the bottom of the bowl because she knew she'd be rewarded with the pleasure of licking it clean.  She always managed to get some on her nose.

Other favourite hangouts were my oldest daughter's bed, preferably with her head leaning on the laptop while Anya tried to type on the keyboard :-)  She was also very fond of my youngest daughter's lower bunkbed, where she could play with camera cords and get fur all over the pillows.


Maisey's earthly life was a wonderful decade for us.  Even though we are sad to say goodbye, we have many wonderful memories of our time together.  She brought so much joy to our lives and in return we loved her and spoiled her and helped her leave this world gently so that she may find eternal rest under the pine tree in our yard.

Those of you who have loved and lost pets know the grief that this time brings as we miss them and struggle to move on.  But you also know the deep bond of devotion that keeps them close to your heart even after death.  They are devoted to us in life and remain so always. 

'It is not just that animals make the world more scenic or picturesque. The lives of animals are woven into our very being - closer than our own breathing - and our soul will suffer when they are gone.'

~Gary Kowalski, Author of The Souls of Animals 



p.s. The photos were taken by my lovely talented girls, who were very brave and wonderful with Maisey right until the end.


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Special thanks go out to Hellen and Lorri who sent me their kind condolences after reading this post. I truly appreciate you taking the time to write to me xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your cat Debbie. Losing a pet is like losing your very best friend.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I apologize in advance if time escapes me and I don't reply to each comment, but I read each and every one and they really make my day!