Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Perfect Sunday

I can't remember the last time I posted bird pics!  I know it's been awhile.  I have lots of them, but I just don't seem to have enough time in a day lately to edit them...so here are a few that I took a few weeks ago.

We had been raking out the gardens and spending time with the dog, when my hubby decided to scatter a mix of songbird seeds on the ground around the small maple trees that line the yard.  He also filled the hanging feeders and a large dish usually reserved for the blue jays.  It didn't take long for the winged crowd to arrive.

Finches and sparrows came and went, back and forth from feeder to feeder and tree to budding tree.




Before we knew it, the ground was crawling with juncos.  They remained there for the afternoon and well into the evening.






They weren't even deterred by Dixie, who is so wonderfully sweet and just sat watching them (hubby has trained her to chase the pigeons away from the feeders but to leave the little birdies be).

It was a perfect Sunday :-)

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I apologize in advance if time escapes me and I don't reply to each comment, but I read each and every one and they really make my day!