Thursday, July 26, 2012

Free Weekly Printable: Catesby Birds

Before I tell you about this week's freebie, I just want to give you an update on what I've been up to.  A few weeks ago, I posted a few doodles I was working on for my new journal kit.  This project has been put on hold while I work on the designs I've been hired to do for a souvenir shop in London, England.  I've been very busy with those and will keep you posted on when their line of totes and handbags are finished and available.  It will be such a thrill to see what they look like!  As soon as I'm done, I will get right back into the journal kit design and let you know when it's available.  I can't wait!

And now for the weekly printable:  here's a pair of images made with Mark Catesby bird plates from the 1700's.  His illustrations are some of the most beautiful of his time.  Catesby was an English naturalist who published the first account of flora and fauna of North America.


These would make pretty notecards, wall decor, hang tags, or decoupage. 

Have fun!

Pin It!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I apologize in advance if time escapes me and I don't reply to each comment, but I read each and every one and they really make my day!