Thursday, September 6, 2012

New Inspirational Notecards in My Shop

Earlier this week, I wrote about a new journal kit that I'm releasing on my birthday.  Well, I've also made some notecards with the same inspirational pages from the kit, and I wanted to share pictures with you since I finally finished them.





I started off by making handpainted backgrounds.  And then over the last few months when I had some spare time, I drew some doodles.  These were all then digitalised, coloured and assembled.  The sentences came to me bit by bit and represent virtues that I'd love to possess or that reminded me of women I've come to admire.  The whole project finally came together last week. 

The canvas textured cardstock I use is from Red River paper, and it's fabulous.  It makes the artwork look like it was painted right onto the card!

These cards are available in my Etsy shop as a set of four.  There are going to be many more items like this to come, so please stay tuned.

You're all so great for checking in, I really appreciate it.  Have a wonderful weekend!




Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. These are lovely -- the sentences look so dimensional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty! The pictures don't even do them justice. I'm really pleased with how they turned out.

      Delete
  2. Gosh those are beautiful I am going to have to order some. I know a few people who would LOVE them and it's never to early to start Christmas shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica, and yes, Christmas is only a few months away, yikes!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I apologize in advance if time escapes me and I don't reply to each comment, but I read each and every one and they really make my day!