Thursday, December 20, 2012

Together in Sorrow (and Free Printable)

A woman by the name of Michele contacted me this week in regards to an angel photo she found in a Google search.  It was a photograph I took a few years ago in one of the local cemeteries and is a favourite of mine.  I blogged about it in the post entitled 'Solemn Visitors' (on my other blog that I've retired).  Michele wanted it to use it on her Facebook profile as a tribute to the children and adults who died at Sandy Hook Elementary in Connecticut.  It was a very touching gesture because she was looking to somehow comfort people, as we all want to do during such a difficult time.

I'm certain we were all deeply saddened this week that such a tragedy occurred, and looked for ways to understand it and get through it.  What I know for sure is that we were all brought together by profound empathy for what the parents and families of the victims must have been enduring.  The heaviness was palpable.  Although we are all trying to move forward now as Christmas approaches, we are doing so with a heavy heart for those who will be grieving instead of celebrating.

This week's freebie features the angel photograph and is a tribute to the angels that left this earth under such tragic circumstances.    Please feel free to use these images in any projects you like, to honour them or anyone you wish. 


  

Finally, I want to wish you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.  I hope you find comfort in the time spent with those that lift your spirits and make your life so blessed!

See you next week,

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the most beautiful image, It is very fitting to the sad event that happen last week when all those little innocent children & adults who lost there life in such a random terrible attack May God bless them x x x

    I wish you and your family a very Happy Christmas and Thank you so much for your generous free gifts thoughout the year...
    Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all your wonderful freebies this year
    Have a wonderful christmas and a prosperous new year

    Love and best wishes to you and yours
    Kathryn xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what can i say, you have my heart with your printables. i love them all so much. hugs carrie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I apologize in advance if time escapes me and I don't reply to each comment, but I read each and every one and they really make my day!