Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A New Big Little Book

This weekend, I finished assembling another journal and I wanted to share it with you.  This one is tiny, but very chunky.  It features some Kaisercraft papers and embellishments from the 75 Cents collection, as well as Prima Engraver paper.  These two collections go really well with my 'Vintage Queen Bee' collection, which I also included in the book.  The cover image is from the 'Enchanted Rose' mini book kit.




To give you an idea of the dimensions of this book, I used a granola bar box to make the cover.  It's about 4.5 inches wide by 5.5 inches tall, and just about 2 inches thick.  It contains 5 signatures of tea dyed paper.

The binding is a simple pamphlet stitch, through a spine covered in embossed scrap paper that I stained and painted and then accented with gold coloured Rub N' Buff.






I really love the 75 Cents collection by Kaisercraft.  It's just the right combination of vintage and florals for the journals I like to make.  And the teal, brown and cream colours are gorgeous.

I kept alot of pages blank for journaling, with a few scattered die cut accents.  On this page, a tiny tag is fastened with a brad and holds a Queen Bee journaling card in place.



I made pocket pages and 'tuck in' spots throughout, to hold more cards, ephemera or photos.




On this page, a label belly band holds a few cards in place.


The inner lining of the book is Atlas paper from the Engraver collection.





As you can see, I don't add alot of embellishments to my books.  That's just not my style.  I prefer to let the patterns, colours and textures of the papers speak for themselves and be the focus.  

Now I'm onto the next book, which will include some stitching and other dainty, but simple little touches.  I will be sure to share pics of that one too!

Thanks for visiting :-)




Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I totally love this Deb! It came out GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. très beau travail !... je l'ai proposé comme idée ici : http://pinterest.com/lemondedis/idées-de-scrap/ et j'ai aussi placé un petit mot sur votre blog là : http://pinterest.com/lemondedis/i-heart-sites-blogs/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I apologize in advance if time escapes me and I don't reply to each comment, but I read each and every one and they really make my day!