The book's cover and spine coordinate perfectly with the sewing theme papers so I didn't need to alter it at all. I simply sanded the spine down to erase the metallic book title.
To allow for the added bulk of these extra papers and embellishments, I tore out pages of the book (which will then be used to assemble a second journal - hence the 2 in 1 idea I mentioned earlier!) and glued them all back to back.
I've sewn a zig zag stitch on some of the cards and printables to add interest.
On some of the book pages, I added background scrapbook paper (the Heirloom stack by DCWV) and pockets for tags, such as these button dresses.
The die cut tuck-ins are a great way to dress up the pages and hold extra cards or embellishments in place.
And finally, to decorate the book itself, I made a chunky charm out of an old chain, some old and new beads and a few buttons. It's attached to the book by some seam binding that I wrapped around the front cover and tied with a bow.
And there you have it, an altered book with a new purpose. I will let you know when the tutorial is ready, so that you can try this project too. Thanks for visiting!