Friday, June 14, 2013

Vintage Queen Bee Junque Journal by Debbie Buchanan

This month, my Creative Team designer Debbie has made a gorgeous junque journal with a composition book.  She used the Vintage Queen Bee 5x7 journal kit - and made it work for the standard dimensions of a composition book which measures 7.5 x 9.75 inches.  Here's what she said about this project:

'I wanted to show that even a 5x7 journal kit can be used in a larger format by layering the images.

For the front cover, I used one of the double images and placed them along the width of the composition book. Then, I did the same with a second page that I tore at an angle and added on the bottom portion, to create a pocket.   I did this on the back of the book, as well as on the inside covers.

I'm going to use this book as a junque journal, so it will get bulky from adding scraps of paper, etc. on the inside.  I've divided the inside pages equally and added twine around the binding for each section of paper.  This will allow my book to expand without the spine collapsing.  I also made a bead and twine closure to help hold the journal closed.  The tags hanging from the side were doubled up on cardstock to make them extra sturdy.

I don't like adding extra embellishments to my projects besides a few charms, and this paper is perfect because it has alot of interest on its own. The kit comes with many paper embellishments so there's lots to play with and the colors are soft; that's why it's a favourite of mine.'




I love how Debbie uses her signature 'torn' pockets on projects.  They just go so well with vintage, distressed designs!  The twine goes really well with the browns of these tags too.  I enjoyed seeing this project because she has shown that even if the kit is designed to be a 5x7 mini, it can be made to suit another size.

Thanks for sharing another awesome project Debbie!




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I apologize in advance if time escapes me and I don't reply to each comment, but I read each and every one and they really make my day!