Monday, July 15, 2013

Altered Book Project - Tutorial Part II

Last week I made a tutorial to show how I create two journals from one book (you can see that first altered book here, if you missed it).

Well, I've just finished the second journal tutorial and wanted to share some pics with you.  This one is more of a junk journal. I'm using some printables from the new 'Tea & Tweets' journal kit to alter the book pages, as well as ephemera from my collection - receipts, log books, envelopes, etc.  I still have several pages to alter but here's what I've done so far:






























Here's the tutorial for it:




Books are fun to alter and they give you an opportunity to recycle all kinds of supplies and scraps besides the books themselves.  I'm really having alot of fun making them.  I hope these projects have inspired you to make a few journals for yourself or as gifts. 

Thanks for stopping by!





Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks my dear, I appreciate you stopping by to tell me :-)

      Delete
  2. Although you posted this ages ago, I took what I learned and have made several journals. I cannot begin to thank you enough! I still shop for old books and alter them - all because of your sharing spirit! Thank you!
    Sylvia Pelekane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I apologize in advance if time escapes me and I don't reply to each comment, but I read each and every one and they really make my day!