Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Recent Swap Projects - Tiny Junque Journals and Mini Composition Books

I've been having alot of fun lately meeting some amazing lovelies in a Facebook scrap group.   I've even joined a few swaps and I wanted to share the projects I made for them.

For the first sweap, I had to make a small junque journal for two partners.  (In my haste to send them their books I forgot to photograph the inside pages, but I do have a few cover photos to show you.)  Here is the journal I made for Carrie:






The cover is made of chipboard and cardstock that I stained with Tim Holtz Aged Mahogany Distress Stain and embossed with my Big Shot.  I used 3/4 inch binder rings to assemble it.  The chunky charm contains vintage beads and silver charms.  I also added a tiny key charm to the cover.

This is the journal I created for Montse in Spain:




The chipboard cover was stained with Vintage Photo Distress Stain and embellished with one of my favourite digital images of a dress form fairy.  This journal is also assembled with binder rings.  The beads are all from a vintage necklace I got on my recent thrift store visit. I also added cream coloured seam binding to the top ring.

This month, I joined a mini composition swap. Once again, I had two partners to swap with.  This first book is for Cindy:





The book is about 3.5 x 4.5 inches. It's made with a few images from my Ephemera's Heartsong journal kit. The inside cover is decorated with matching scrapbook paper.  I also created a small chunky charm in pink and silver.

This mini book is for Von:






The paper is from the Steamtown Spring kit.  The spine is just black cardstock that I embossed with my Big Shot and grunged up with paint and Rub N' Buff.  The inside cover is decorated with scrapbook paper. The chunky charm has crystal and glass beads and a bronze key.

I've loved putting these projects together and sending them off. The best part though, was watching for the mailman and getting something back!  It's so great to see all the work that someone has put into an item just for you.  It makes these gifts extra special.

The creativity in swap projects amazes me, so I will be sure to make time to join more!

Thanks for stopping by,




Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful projects, Debbie! Thanks for sharing them! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I apologize in advance if time escapes me and I don't reply to each comment, but I read each and every one and they really make my day!