Wednesday, August 21, 2013

She Art Mixed Media Journals

I want to share a few projects with you that I just finished. They are a mixed media altered book and file folder journal.  The first one is the book that was featured in the video 'She Art Mixed Media With Printable Journal Kits by EVG' you may have seen on my YouTube channel.  Well now, the inside of each book is complete and I thought you might want to see!


If you watch the video, you'll see
how I achieved the different textures
and colours you see here.

This is the back cover.


I embellished each double page in the book.
This one contains a large square envelope for
keeping extra tags/cards.


I added page pockets and journaling
papers throughout.


There are also folded cards...


..and large hang tags for journaling or photos.


The pages are also embellished with washi tape,
to give them a splash of interest and colour.


The next one was made with a file folder that I cut to fit 8.5x11 sheets of paper that are folded in half. This one also features my she art dolls and papers from the Ephemera's Heartsong collection.

There are so many ways to use these downloads so I wanted to give you some ideas.  They are perfect for mixed media projects because the dolls are already coloured and ready for you to use.  The wings are interchangeable and there are different sentiments to choose from as well as a large selection of
mixed media backgrounds.

I used one of the dolls to embellish the cover as well as a sentiment card. The background consists of digital paper as well as tissue paper and embossed cardstock for added texture.


The spine is reinforced with plain black duct tape.
There are three thick signatures that I
stitched with embroidery floss.


I concealed the knotted stitching in each signature
with a pocket made from a book page turned sideways.


I also inserted a greeting card that had
a very pretty pattern.  It's by Waverly.


This die cut belly band holds a few hang tags in place.


There are journaling papers and tags
throughout the book...


..as well as mats for photos or writing


...and an envelope for hiding extra cards.

I hope you enjoyed seeing these and that you got some good ideas for your projects.  I love making these journals - and I'll have more altered projects to share with you soon.

Thanks for visiting :-)



Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Debbie! It's fabulous! I hope to watch the video as soon as I have time! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I apologize in advance if time escapes me and I don't reply to each comment, but I read each and every one and they really make my day!