Thursday, March 6, 2014

A New Designer Has Joined My Team!

I'm happy to announce that I've welcomed a fourth designer to the Creative Team.  Her name is Nancy Smith.  Her talent speaks for itself and you'll understand why I had to have her on the team when you see her first project below.

First, Nancy wanted to introduce herself:



Hi everyone!  My name is Nancy Smith.  About four years ago, after living many years in Los Angeles and working full time in the pet industry, I moved to a rural area 90 miles East of the city.   The move enabled me to open a pet boarding facility on my property and allows me to stay home with my family of rescued animals. 

I’d always been artistic and crafty in one form or another since I was a child, but hadn't had the time to be creative for many years.  When I first moved to my current location I took a job as office manager at the local animal shelter.  A volunteer approached me with a scrapbook she had been making that contained photos and newspaper articles about the shelter.  Something in me was inspired and I began to experiment with simple scrap booking.  I had no idea at the time that it would eventually take me from scrap booking newspaper articles, and using sticker embellishments to where I am today.  Every day I discover new techniques and materials in a world in which I am constantly inspired.

When I create a layout or a mixed media project, I like to tell a story, or to recreate a scene.  My creations have to speak to me in some way, or I’m not happy with them.  

I am so honored to have been invited to join the creative team, and I hope to create some inspiring projects.  Many thanks to Debbie-Anne for this opportunity.

And now, for her first entry as a member of the team - a gorgeous 12x12 layout:




Nancy is working with the shabby chic Mini Mashup Set.  The layers she created are subtle, and I love her choice of embellishments. Abosolutey stunning! 

I invite you to head over to her blog Shelby Doodle Designs and read more about this beautiful project and how she created it.  

I'm thrilled to have her join the team, so please join me in giving her a warm welcome!


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous layout!! I can't wait to see more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, welcome to the team, Nancy! Your layout is GORGEOUS! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I apologize in advance if time escapes me and I don't reply to each comment, but I read each and every one and they really make my day!