Monday, July 21, 2014

Easy Binding Junk Journals

As much as I love designing printables, I like to take a break between kits and collections and create paper stuff.  It challenges me in a different way than the digital creative process.  So I've been making junk journals lately to use up my scraps, patterned papers and books. They are so much fun to make.

I just finished a few more last week.  They feature a super easy binding technique I discovered in a junk journal group on Facebook.  One of the talented members made one and I was so impressed that I had to try it right away. It's a simple twine wrapping method where you slide your signatures in.  Easy peasy! Here are the two books I came up with.




In the first one I used scraps and paper from stacks that match 'Peculiar Ancestry' so that I could use up the test prints when I was designing that collection. 








The second one has test prints from 'Miss Lady Fay'.








And I made a video to show you how easy it is to make one:




I hope this project inspires you. It's a really easy one to try and can be done in no time at all. Thanks for visiting!



Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Your book is stunning!! Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this... very inspiring and flexible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video! I'm definitely going to try this. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for posting this -- I've been wanting to make a journal but the only thing that was keeping me held back was the binding. And THIS binding - I do believe I CAN do! : ) (HUGS)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello, i'm new to this site..making journals for my sisters for christmas and was wondering if you could explain to me what "signatures" are...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question! Signatures are the separate 'booklets' or sections you create inside a bigger book in order to make binding easier to do. You divide the total amount of pages you wish to put into a book into sections that you either sew or staples together, or in the case of this post's method, simply slide into each twine on the spine. I hope that helps! And thanks for visiting :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I apologize in advance if time escapes me and I don't reply to each comment, but I read each and every one and they really make my day!