Friday, August 22, 2014

Latest Project - 'Happy Place' Mail Art

Hi gang! I just wanted to show you a few mail art pieces I just made. I'm sending swap goodies to a few crafty friends and wanted to do something extra special for them. (Mail art has been around for many years and is so much fun for the sender to make and for the one receiving it - it's a unique piece of art right in your mailbox!)

My process is quite simple. I painted and stenciled a few recycled mailers, did some sewing and doodling and then added the 'Happy Place' printable bits and other paper scraps.

Here's the front of the first one:





And the back:





And here's the second one (front):




And the back:







I got alot of my inspiration from Roben Marie Smith's online mail art workshop here. I took what I learned from her and added my own fun twist.

These envelopes are now stuffed with goodies and ready to address and send! I'm really happy with how they turned out and I hope the recipients enjoy them!

If there's enough interest in mail art, I may consider a tutorial on my channel. So let me know if you'd like to see how I make them :)


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely would love to learn more!! Please share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I would love to learn how you made these, please

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm for SURE interested in a tutorial . . . or even a class, etc. I just love these so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Cora... I too would love to learn..
    This is AWESOME! Would love to surprise my friends with happy mail like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh...love mail art!! Yours is fabulous! I think we would all love to see your creative process!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I apologize in advance if time escapes me and I don't reply to each comment, but I read each and every one and they really make my day!