Monday, November 24, 2014

Spiral Binding Junk Journal

Hi lovelies! I'm here to share a junk journal I made a few weeks ago. I made it with the same types of scraps that I include in my junk journal starter packs just to give you some inspiration on how these kits can be used. They typically include patterned paper, book pages, receipts, flash cards, game cards and other embellishments and ephemera that can be crafted into a great junk journal like this one.

The cover is a vintage school book that I picked up at the library sale this Fall. The spine was damaged so I opted for spiral binding. My first attempt at making the holes through the cover with lace was an epic failure, so I salvaged it by covering the ravaged lace with book cloth and re punching the holes through that.




I love this cover. It has a subtle maple leaf pattern embossed in it. It didn't need any distressing but I did spray it with Perfect Pearls mist to give it sparkle.





I kept the spine and included it inside. The inside cover is just inked with Tim Holtz 'Old Paper' and 'Tea Dye' distress inks.




Most of the pages are patterned paper that I folded and stitched. Other pages include flash cards, greeting cards, bus maps, etc.



I added receipts and journaling cards on just about every page for writing.














It was the first time I was trying the spiral binding by Cinch. I think I'll use it again but with pages that are all the same height. Having different sizes proved to be a challenge when it came to twisting the spiral through.

I hope my little project inspires you to get crafty. Thanks for stopping by!


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Really nice journal, Debbie! It would be fun to work in this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Else! Yes I agree, the colours are fun. Sometimes I just enjoy flipping through them, even if they have no purpose as of yet :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I apologize in advance if time escapes me and I don't reply to each comment, but I read each and every one and they really make my day!