Thursday, December 11, 2014

Junk Journal - Vintage French Book

I just wanted to share another journal I made with a recent find at the library sale. It's a small (5x7) French language book that was too pretty to pass up. The spine was falling off but the colour and pages were absolutely perfect. So I gutted it and used the cover with binder rings to make this little book full of goodies.











The base pages are patterned paper that I folded to make them double sided. I then randomly stitched book pages onto them, and embellished with printables, die cuts, flash cards, doilies, hang tags, etc. This junk journal was a great way to use up my stash. So easy and so much fun!

Have a creative day!


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh...it's fabulous, Debbie! I really like how you included the spine in the book! Love it!
    It's a little tricky to find French books at this end of the country, but I'm going to keep my eyes open for a treasure like that! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. Being a French Canadian, I was thrilled to find this one :)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous as always!!!!! I knew your last name was French but had no idea you are French Canadian. I lived in Montreal for 18 yrs, went to school there and learned to speak French! What a small world. I love all things French as I bet you do :) Now I live in the US and am determined to find some french book to do a journal like yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I apologize in advance if time escapes me and I don't reply to each comment, but I read each and every one and they really make my day!